Heat Pump Services in Louisville Metro, Cincinnati Metro & Southern Indiana
Since 1982, the experts at Tom Drexler Plumbing, Air & Electric have done everything we can to ensure your home stays comfortable, and heat pumps are a great way to do it. We always deliver the best service and roll out the red carpet for our customers, and we’ll do the same for you!
If you choose a heat pump as your HVAC system, it can pump cooled or heated air into your home, depending on the season and temperature setting. Tom Drexler is available for all your heat pump service needs, including repair, installation, and maintenance.
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
A heat pump is a sophisticated HVAC system with dual functionality. Depending on your comfort needs, this comfort unit can pump heated air inside or outside.
For instance, in cold months, a heat pump will extract heat from the air outside a home and transfer it inside to warm it up. It functions like an air conditioner in the summer, using refrigerant to cool the air in your home.
Heat pumps are popular because they’re a cost-effective and efficient HVAC solution for year-round comfort.
Heat Pump Installation & Replacement
Benefits of a heat pump instead of an AC and furnace combo include:
- Optimal use of space
- Enhanced heating and cooling efficiency
- Simplified maintenance and repairs
- Lower utility costs
- And more
What To Expect With Heat Pump Installation From Tom Drexler
Proper HVAC installation ensures your heat pump functions reliably for years to come. Professional service is the easiest and best way to ensure adequate installation.
When you rely on the highly trained HVAC technicians at Tom Drexler, you can rest assured we’ll take care of every aspect of the installation, ensuring:
- Proper unit sizing: Because undersized units struggle to heat or cool effectively and oversized units burn out quickly, we’ll perform an accurate load calculation to size your heat pump.
- Removal of your old units: We’ll dispose of your old system so you don’t have to worry about it when the replacement is complete.
- Wiring: Our technicians will ensure proper electrical wiring to power your heat pump safely.
- Testing and calibration: We’ll provide comprehensive testing after the installation to verify your heat pump is working correctly.
Emergency Heat Pump Repair in Cincinnati Metro, Louisville Metro & Southern Indiana
HVAC disasters can strike at any moment, and Tom Drexler wants to be there to help. That’s why we offer 24/7 online booking to ensure your home’s issues can be promptly and successfully resolved.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
Watch for performance issues and schedule heat pump service as soon as you notice abnormalities in your unit’s function.
The most common signs you need a heat pump repair include:
- Inadequate heating or cooling: You might notice your heat pump isn’t providing enough hot or cold air. Poor performance is likely caused by a broken or failing component.
- Weird sounds: A heat pump that’s struggling to operate may make grinding, banging, or squealing noises.
- Higher energy bills: When your heat pump is poorly maintained or damaged, it’ll work harder to get your home to the desired temperature, which leads to more expensive utility costs.
- Frequent short-cycling: If your heat pump turns on and off quickly without reaching the temperature setting, you need fast service.
- Odd smells: If you notice weird odors, like musty or burning smells, this can mean that your heat pump has overheating components or electrical issues.
Heat Pump Maintenance
Even if you only have one system, you still need twice-annual tune-ups if you rely on your heat pump year-round. We recommend scheduling maintenance in the fall and spring to ensure your HVAC unit will operate reliably in the winter and summer ahead.
Routine tune-ups are a preventative measure to spot potential defects and weaknesses in a heat pump system.
Common maintenance tasks include:
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Cleaning or replacing air filters
- Inspecting electrical components
- Lubricating moving parts
- Verifying thermostat functionality
- And more
We offer the Carefree Maintenance Plan to make heating and cooling tune-ups as easy as possible.
Request Heat Pump Services in Cincinnati Metro, Louisville Metro & Southern Indiana
Look no further than Tom Drexler Plumbing, Air & Electric for 100% satisfaction guaranteed and award-winning service for your heat pump. Our highly trained technicians are ready to help, so you can always count on our team for:
- 24/7 online booking
- Emergency HVAC repair
- Upfront pricing
- Free estimates on replacements
- Service for all brands
Contact us online or call Tom Drexler at (502) 456-5982 today for heat pump services you can trust.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dual-fuel heating is when you have a heat pump and a furnace. The heat pump is used regularly for both heating and cooling, but a furnace is on standby in case temperatures drop significantly.
Heat pumps can last for 10 to 15 years with annual maintenance and prompt repairs.
A reversing valve being stuck means that your heat pump is locked into either heating or cooling mode.
When this happens, your heat pump can have inefficient operation, inconsistent temperatures, and sometimes even total system failure.
Schedule heat pump repair with a trusted HVAC service company to restore your unit.
Heat pump maintenance includes cleaning, inspecting, testing, and repairing the unit.
The purpose of maintenance is either to rectify a current issue or identify and solve potential issues.
Schedule HVAC Service in the Cincinnati Metro, Louisville Metro, or Southern Indiana Today
Kind Words from Our Customers
“Chris did a fantastic job in correcting our dual plumbing problems…his personal professional manner is greatly appreciated…you would be very fortunate if you could hire many more fine young men like Chris.”