Mold is one of the most hazardous fungi that can silently spread throughout your home. One of the places it can form is in your air ducts. This can strongly impact the air quality in your home and cause major health problems for you and your family. Know the warning signs of air duct mold and stop it before it goes from bad to worse.
There is an Ongoing Strong Smell in your Home
Mold smell is a scent even the fairest noses can’t miss. It smells musty, like wood rotting, and is an ongoing presence in your home.
If you notice an odor like that, which never seems to dissipate, you could be dealing with mold. Mold affects the air quality in your home and can make people very sick.
If you suspect mold growing, be sure to have the problem addressed sooner rather than later. Mold is very opportunistic and spreads fast, so you must act quickly.
You and Your Family are Experiencing Health Issues like Dizziness, Congestion, Irritation, and Even Rashes
Not everyone who gets sick is suffering from mold toxicity. However, if you or someone in your home is chronically ill without explanation, this could be a result of mold.
Mold is a hazardous fungus that lives in dark and damp areas like your HVAC system. When air flows through, it picks up mold particles and pumps it out through the vent.
This compromises the air quality and can lead to respiratory problems. This also affects pets so if you have any four-legged friends, watch for signs in them as well.
Mold is Visible, So Look for Stains, and Foam-Like Attachments to Your HVAC System
Your indoor air quality is not something you want to mess with. If you notice people in your home already getting sick, it could be a sign mold has already started circulating through your air ducts.
Be sure to check your HVAC system for black stains or foamy fungus looking marks. These stains are mold, and it is highly toxic to you, your family and your pets. Immediately have either a mold specialist or an HVAC company in the Louisville, KY area come and inspect your air ducts.
It is always better to be safe rather than sorry when it comes to mold toxicity. Mold is a fast spreading and toxic fungus that can wreak havoc in your home. Be sure to regularly have your air ducts cleaned, to avoid mold build up. Check the damp and dark areas of your house for musty smells, and monitor yourself and your family when it comes to chronic health issues. Stay one step ahead of mold and be rid of it for good.