With spring quickly approaching, now is the perfect time to give your air conditioning unit a precision tune-up.
Think of an air-conditioning unit like any other piece of equipment you rely on. For instance, consider your car. You don’t, necessarily, want to skip over routine maintenance, like an oil change or rotating your tires. Doing so could lead to bigger and, potentially, costly repairs in the future. The same applies to air conditioning units.
When summer heat is in full swing, we rely on air conditioning units to keep us comfortable in our household. They work around the clock to provide you this comfort. Like a car, an air conditioning unit has many moving parts that require fluids and lubricants to ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently.
Unfortunately, most consumers don’t know the importance of providing an air conditioning unit with a tune-up. From avoiding breakdowns in the summer to increasing the efficiency of the unit, a precision is worth your time!
Why a Precision Tune-up is Worth Your Time
When a professional from Tom Drexler Plumbing, Air and Electric gives your unit a precision tune-up, you increase the likelihood that they may discover small problems that could become much larger in the future. For example, repairing a small refrigerant leak during a tune-up is not as costly compared to buying a whole new compressor due to a low refrigerant level burning the old one out.
And don’t forget, when you receive a precision tune-up you are ensuring the unit is working at the optimal efficiency level. This will lower your energy bills and bring you savings!
When and How Often Should You Receive a Precision Tune-up
We recommend that your air conditioning unit is tuned-up at least once a year if you live in a hot climate and your unit receives heavy usage throughout the summer season.
For most homeowners, during the spring season is the best time to have an air conditioning tune-up. With the unit remaining inactive during winter, the unit may have a few kinks needed to work out. With this early season maintenance, small problems can be identified before they become something much larger and far more expensive.
What’s Included in a 21-Point Air Condition Precision Tune-up
- Calibrate and level thermostat
- Clean filters as needed
- Monitor volts/amps on fan motor
- Lubricate and inspect bearings for wear
- Clean indoor coil if accessible
- Flush/treat condensate drain with anti-algae
- Inspect condenser coil
- Monitor operating pressure of refrigerant
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical system for exposed wiring
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure temperature difference – supply/return
- Inspect duct work for energy loss
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt draw & wiring connections
- Clean debris from around the condenser
We are entering spring and now’s the time to schedule your 21-point precision tune-up. Ensure your unit keeps you comfortable this season. The professionals at Tom Drexler Plumbing, Air & Electric are ready service you.